Mobile Product Designer (Remote)
One of Drops’s goals is to enable language learning through game mechanics. Sounds fun, and it actually is! We have been live for 3 years, support 28 languages, were featured by both the App store and Play store multiple times and are still run by our founders. We are a small, super-capable remote team mainly spread across Europe. We communicate via Slack, Git and Trello and run iterative development cycles, daily releases and design optimisations at a fast pace. We want to be the number 1 complementary app for language learners around the world and we are getting there fast with our current user base of 2.5 million, a monthly active of 500,000 and an average store rating of 4.7.
You can find us here: http://drops.app.link/
You, as a Mobile Product Designer will help us maintain and accelerate Drops, with fresh ideas and your hands on, day-to-day involvement. You have relevant UX /UI experience and are comfortable representing the whole range of design competencies in a remote team.
This is a full-time and permanent position - you will be dedicated to this role only.
We value communication and transparency, it’s the linchpin of our culture and current success and freedom.
You will be involved in both high and low level decision making and need to be available during European working hours.
You will be:
- Taking part in the prioritisation sessions, helping to guide the development of Drops.
- Drawing design implications out of fast moving business requirements, market movements and Slack.
- Explaining and rationalising your design concepts to the team through annotations and remote presentations.
- Working as part of an agile team owning key pieces of functionality and juggling priorities from one sprint to the other.
- Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary.
- Producing sketches, wireframes, flows or interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to the team or potential users.
- Free to run casual user testing sessions.
- Working with third-party user research partners to coordinate usability testing
You need to be:
- Passionate about app design (both iOS and Android), motion and your craft.
- Skilled with Adobe products and Sketch
- Able to self organise and communicate in English clearly both verbally and in text.
- Comfortable working alone in a remote environment
- Have experience working with development teams
- Capable and have a degree or postgraduate design orientated qualification or have equivalent work experience.
- Active in seeking feedback and able to constantly challenge yourself and others.
- Bonus points if you are able to demonstrate experience with one or more of the core landscape skills the team employes daily in the development and deployment of Drops be that marketing, search optimisation, coding, user testing, language learning, education, game creation/ gamification, iconography etc...
- A small 8 person team that needs you.
- Educational allowance
- All the perks of remote working
- Holiday to meet local standards (usually above 20 days).
- Annual team gathering somewhere in the world.
- Stock options from a high-growth, profitable company.
- Access to support and mentorship that will help you grow as a designer